My client is a well established and growing Accountancy Practice with a Head Office in Oxford. They have a new permanent requirement within their business for an Accounts Manager.
Reporting into the Head of Department, key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the practice in innovating. Identify ways to improve our way of
working, our processes and systems and lead projects to bring about
- Build long lasting client relationships. Develop and apply your technical and commercial knowledge to provide expert advice.
- Pro-actively manage a diverse portfolio of clients.
- Deliver high value business advisory services including recommendations for business improvements.
- Participate in business development and marketing activities including
networking in the business community to develop own external profile as
well as the company brand.
- Ensure assignments are completed to a high standard, on time and within
- Work with other accounts managers to actively manage work flow and work allocations within the division.
- Work with the Head of Department to set KPIs for the division together with managing group and individual team member’s performance against
targets. (KPIs include chargeable time, recoverability, work turnaround
- Work collaboratively with other Managers and the Directors to ensure quality of output and efficiency in process across the wider accounts team.
- Prepare and review working papers, statutory accounts and management
accounts for a wide range of business entities across many sectors.
- Prepare and review corporation tax computations and returns.
- Line manage, develop and mentor junior staff including overseeing work and assisting team members to support their performance and career
- Maintain up to date and relevant technical knowledge of the industry and
national economic issues.
- Input in to service and product pricing, including assisting with new client
Candidates that apply should be ACA or ACCA qualified with previous Practice experience at a supervisory level. You should be comfortable managing and liaising with a portfolio of clients, possess strong communication and IT skills, be proactive with good attention to detail.
On offer is a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus holiday trading, pension and life assurance, flexible working and the opportunity for career progression.