Our client, a fast growing and established business is seeking an exceptional Warehouse and Distribution Manager to join their busy team. Based on site, just outside of Witney, our client is seeking a proactive and experienced manager with excellent communication skills for this pivotal role.
This role will be the connection between the distribution hub and head office, ensuring that processes are implemented and followed, providing solutions for any issues which may arise and ensuring deadlines are met.
Duties will include:
· Manages and prioritises customer orders with the warehouse, ensuring our customer delivery deadline dates are achieved.
· Monitors and supports the warehouse in dispatching orders in line with set KPIs, per customer account grouping/classification.
· Is the sole point of contact between the office and the UK warehouse, filtering questions from both sides, gathering information to make informed decisions, developing an efficient smooth process.
· Reporting order exceptions to the senior management and sales team, in the weekly business trade meetings which this role will own.
· Own the supplier manuals, create summaries per customer for warehouse on key areas, e.g. pallet heights, label requirements, carton requirements etc.
· Responsible for the orders once they are with the warehouse for the business in UK & ROW, ensuring warehouse have all they need to fulfil the orders while identifying and resolving issues.
· Handles all queries post order delivery, including availability/short ships and any other issues that arise.
· Responsible for supporting our warehouse to arrange export bookings, providing detail required to book shipments in line with customer requirements.
· Manages the day to day relationship with outbound haulers & seeks cost and efficiency improvements.
· Continuously reviews ops performance on the likes of outbound freight and develops process and improve cost and service efficiencies.
· Works with the inbound freight and order management team to ensure a smooth transactions for warehouse.
· Liaises with warehouse to ensure all consumables including labels & packaging are on time in full for all orders.
· Manages and prioritises order, inbounds and reworks with the warehouse team, ensuring our customer delivery deadline dates are achieved.
The ideal candidate:
· A solution driven, proactive problem solving team player able to control day to day challenges while developing best practice.
· Strong experience in UK, Europe fulfilment as warehouse manager
· Experience managing internal communications, working cross functionally to deliver results.
· Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of the business.
· Strong time management and organisational skills.
· Looking to continuously improve and can demonstrate ability to remain calm under pressure.
· A keen interest in Sales and Operations, commercially focused.
· A focus on accuracy of information.· Strong IT/systems use, with great Excel skills.
· High energy and motivated by KPI’s
In return our client offers enhanced benefits and a competitive salary.
The role is Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, with some weekend work required at peak times (Approx 6 times per year.) You will also be required to attend Head office in London once per month.