Our client, an established and growing company within financial services are seeking a Financial Planner to join their team. The primary purpose of the role is to work directly with clients to provide expert financial advice tailored to the client’s individual needs and circumstance and to build long term relationships to assist them to meet their long-term objective.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Financial Planning and will work within an established team of experienced Financial Planners.
- Client meetings – arrange, prepare, attend client meetings, and follow up in line with our client agreement.
- Communicate with both clients and work colleagues both face to face, virtually as well as by email and phone.
- Deal with new enquiries in line with our agreed service level.
- Make suitable financial planning recommendations to clients.
- Review and implement portfolio changes in line with our agreed process and communicate the changes to relevant parties.
- Conduct Client annual review meeting and complete handover/meeting follow-ups within agreed timeframe.
- Update client documentation, ensure all client records are correct and update to date following client interaction in a timely manner.
- Liaising with other employees – such as Paraplanners, Administrators and other Financial Planners – briefing them on client requirements where needed.
- Check and action daily activity list and follow up prospects, new enquiries, recommendations.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Ensure the minimum 35 Hours CPD each year is completed.
- Abide by both FCA conduct rules and the company T&C scheme.
- Action file review feedback, complete remedial work within timescales.
- Deliver internal training sessions to other employees.
- Attend & contribute to company events e.g. client seminars, marketing events.
- Attend External Conferences and Employee Ownership events if appropriate.
- The role holder may also be required to undertake reasonable additional or other duties as are necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Qualifications & experience required:
- Minimum of a Level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning or equivalent, within the financial services industry, is essential.
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of 2 years in a financial planning role.
- Other role specific qualification will be required but are not essential on appointment.
- Thorough knowledge of investments, pensions, protection and FCA regulations.
- Strives to achieve excellent customer service.
- Ability to network to generate new business.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, with a solid numeracy & statistical analysis ability.
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365
- Be self-motivated and team oriented, with the ability to think and work independently.
- Highly organised and adaptable.
- A robust work ethic and a strong sense of responsibility.
In return our client offers a 35 hour week, flexible working which allows work to be conducted from varying locations, a generous salary and enhanced benefits.
This role will require some flexibility in terms of the working hours and working outside of the standard office hours may be required.